Thursday, February 25, 2021

Color scheme

 I could just flat out say the color scheme is critical, but then I would be lying to myself. Why you may ask? well because I don't even know what color scheme is myself or remember specifically. So my journey of understanding color scheme starts here and how I'm going to incorporate it into my project.

So to begin I had to search up what is a color scheme and on google it said the choice of color used in basically a work of art or film. So depending not the colors you use or the color hues will create an ambiance or mood thought the film developing the overall tone of the film. For example, the color red is supposed to represent sexiness, seduction, love, passion while if we take it a step further and do dark red then it would represent more blood, death, and sinister like the devil's red.

While searching through Pinterest on color schemes in movies I saw a post that caught my attention of the color pallet they used as if it were those home depot cards you use to see what kind of color pallet you want. When I clicked on the link it took me to various other Pinterest posts until I could pinpoint the source of the post.



While I furthered my research on the topic of the color scheme I learned that the color scheme is used to develop emotion in the film along with the meaning behind it. 

So the first way we use a color scheme would be to develop emotion or tone. Thought the film I would like the hues of any colors I used to be darker because I want a constant ominous feeling through the air of the film to develop suspense or the ever so close climax. For example, when I produce the film opening I'm going to make sure that the lighting and everything look good but play around with eh filters and brightness of the film in order to achieve that ominous feel to it. Another aspect of the film would be color schemes and how I'm going to use them. The color scheme for the film would be darker solid colors like brown, green, grey, and some light colors like white. The uses of darker color schemes would be to develop that tone of darkness and continue with it thought the film. 

If we discuss other colors like green they could represent life while dark green could represent greed.

Now Luci is a character that we have a lot to learn about but we already know he's dedicated and not afraid. So we could use yellow for the dedications as he's an all-in type of guy while also using subtle purple which represents how brave he is to get himself into situations that are dangerous still to find the truth.

In the opening, his father will also e wearing purple because he's adventurous and brave as he hikes in the wilderness alone but that's about all we'll see from him.

This is mz signing off for the night ✌ out



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR COMPLETE

 https://youtu.be/bu8Jbv4MbiI Its been a wild one I'll see yall at the next one MZ signing off ✌out!!!