Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Audio and Sound

 The audio and sound that I'm looking for are ominous sounds like the famous Jaws opening sound or the classic horror scream.

While I was looking for sounds to use for my opening I searched for "free ominous sounds" I found great sounds that I could use for my opening but I'm not sure about using some of the sounds because all tho they say free it still cost a monthly subscription or it cost like $10+. I'm still in search of free sounds to use for my opening for after the father gets kidnapped to transition o the opening and using ominous sounds to develop the tone for the rest of the film.

Searching free ominous sounds is quite difficult because while in search of the sound that best fits your needs there are multiple others that sound as if they could work as well.

For example here are a few sounds I would have like to use or experiment with but because of the subscription fee or price, I'm still looking for better free ones.

Website--- https://www.videvo.net/search/horror/clip_type/royalty-free-sound-effects/

https://www.videvo.net/sound-effect/violins-horror-cresc-ma020105/260875/

https://www.videvo.net/sound-effect/sci-fi-supernatural-01/439510/

The subscription says the only one available in the $25 one :(

After discussing with my wonderful teacher about the price issues she provided me with hundreds of free resources where I could possibly find better sounds and audios that are free.

The purple planet is the first website I check ut from Mrs. Stoklosa's recommendations and I couldn't find ominous but horror would do just fine. 

After a thorough search of souds that i could use for my opening i found four sounds in the purple planet that i like. Each sounds is going to be used in our opening of the film wen presenting the title which i may have to change to just an upward tilt the into a slow fade to Luci. Still thinking on what to od there.

1.https://www.purple-planet.com/tracks/insidious

this sound develops the tone of what i want. The ambiance from the music is a creepy horror and supsenseful one that can be used as a harbernger of wat is to be expected or to come form the film.

2. https://www.purple-planet.com/tracks/in-my-nightmares

I feel like this is good but not good enough. The beginning is too short and the rest of the sound isn't what I'm 100% looking for so this would be the best for the film.

3.https://www.purple-planet.com/tracks/constricted

Constricted is a good peiec of sound work. The beginning is sharp and what I'm looking for in a way. The sound develops emotions of suspenseful horror and if i find a good way tointrocude the tite this could be used extremely well with it if i were to use maybe a video when presenting the title where the title slowley appears then dissapears.

this fourth one is a bit different but it could be interesting to use

https://www.purple-planet.com/tracks/trick-or-treat

The sound track to trick or treat isn't producing a horror fil but more of a creepy feel ambiance from the sounds which is what i like because this is supposed to make you feel suspense. So i may challenge myself with this sound and see if it develops the tone i want wihint the opening. (Note that I'm not going to use the whole minute just the first few seconds then put it into a loop)

Then youtube sound effect library is a great source of free sounds which are actually really good. Hopefully i can spread the word of this resource to other students soon because there are sund that i could use like windcimes when introucuding the house of the main character luci. The only problem with the some audios is that they're very faint but the sltion would be just try to side the volume of course. Altoughtthe youtube sound effects are free they're more sund effects which isn't what I'm currently looking for but a great resource to have forlater just incase i need it.

*School computers mya block some sounds if the think its innaporpiete. the horror sections was bocekd off basically on my school computer even at home.

tstok.net is a great reliable source of information coming from someone who has thought for many years this process of film and the interest account doesn't only have sounds but many more resources about filma dn tips on better films along with links to other resources like how to make better titles which is something I'm going to look at. I thkn I'm going to make a separate blog posting just about the information inside the interest account!

MZ signing off for the day ✌ out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR COMPLETE

 https://youtu.be/bu8Jbv4MbiI Its been a wild one I'll see yall at the next one MZ signing off ✌out!!!