Friday, February 26, 2021

Story board

I'm just glad I finally got to storyboarding. This process was one that I didn't want to start but I thought that the sooner I start it the better and boy was it worth it. So far I have a good idea of what I'm looking fr for the opening and how it should turn out. I don't have a very specific storyboard for the opening but I have a basic and general one without too much technique described and how it's going to be used. I first just wanted to be sure that I know what I'm going o do and how it would turn out on paper and if I liked it or not. 

To start I would like to start off with a slight upward tilt as if the father has just grabbed his phone out of his pocket to start vlogging his hike. There would is a little shake to the camera because I would like to use a handheld camera technique to make it look as realistic as possible. Then he actually faces the camera so we could get a better angle of him and the background of the forest along with the dark color scheme even while camping. The costume design would be with the father a white shirt because it absorbs less heat and then a basic backpack with water and some camping or hiking equipment. Later on, as he's describing a little bit of the time and data of what's going on just some little short details to not ake up to much time he then hears a twig snap and is frightened. From his experience, he doesn't recognize the snap because it sounded as if it were from a larger animal, not a smaller one. Here I would like to practice with some folley techniques and find what noise would fit best in the scenario. But then as he turns around slowly he is stuck in the head and knocked down. The camera falls out of his hand and is still rolling somehow facing where the father is knocked out cold bleeding from his head. He is proceeded to be dragged out of the frame by some grotesque hands (costume) then the camera has an upward tilt as it slowly fades again to black. The black fade would be used to represent how his life is fading away and as that's happening the title slowly appears n screen "The Hike" then again slowly fades away.
                                               
That's where I'm at so far with the screenplay and hopefully soon ill be near done with the full two minutes including the credits. Or should I include the credits somehow at the beginning? This is the thing I love about e project as it opens up to amazing and new ideas that you previously would have never thought about. For example, I could have Luci bring a friend home and ask about why he has a hammock in his room and he could easily say it's my father's (In a sad tone). When he says this it clearly represents how he is still emotionally attached to his father and right next to it is the crazy board also developing his dedication to finding out the truth behind what's in these woods. 

MZ signing off for the day ✌ out

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR COMPLETE

 https://youtu.be/bu8Jbv4MbiI Its been a wild one I'll see yall at the next one MZ signing off ✌out!!!