Saturday, April 3, 2021

This Portfolio Project was one hell of a ride. There were many moments in where I just wanted to throw in the towel and not submit anything. But I Just forced myself and kept ongoing. Through perseverance, I was able to overcome my nature of being lazy.

My project started off fairly well. I thought that I could come up with something great using exaggerated techniques to really prove that I know what we've been doing in school this year. But as time went on ad production started rolling in. I knew I wouldn't be able to do my original ideas

But that's okay because I'm adaptable like water. I just changed my execution of the same idea. At first, I wanted to use ants and a dead carcass to symbolize death in the film once Luci's father gets killed in the woods. But instead, I just used a shortcut to a black screen then a shout to develop his pain then a slow fade to black to represent his final passing moments.

I continued on my project with research which was fairly easy. I knew what I wanted to do before I even started to research so it made it easy to funnel my searches to find what best fit my idea. My idea was to use sound and develop suspense and anxiety in the film. I was able to display that in my film with the use of a chase sound effect and with some wind chimes in the few following scenes. These sounds carried most of the emotion emitted from the film.

I only struggled when It came to actual production day as I kept procrastinating or rushing it. I first rushed the film when I decided to film the day before my trip to Texas. I rushed it because I t was so last minute and it threw my schedule off. I then went to edit in texas but the film was absolutely abysmal. Like if you saw it you'd probably want to bleach your eyes. So I redid the film there in texas

While in texas it was a nice vacation. Noting to complain about only that I still had to do some homework from other classes and continue with the film. When I first got to texas my first mission was to find a new location in which to film that I could attempt to execute my film opening. I found a perfect place to film but... I forgot to mention to my cousins that we needed to film in Landscaping not portrait. By the time I realized it was too late. I had already edited all of the films together and came up with the full film. It wasn't until someone else from the class pointed it out.

But because I'm not a man afraid of a challenge I got together with my friend and we set out to Markham park to go film really quickly. It was a lot easier as I was filming with someone who also takes the class and I already have the idea and story bord memorized. 

What I can assure everyone reading this now is that I really need to work on my time management skills. I waited too long to do many of the things that were assigned. One of my classmates filmed the week it was assigned while I filmed like 5 weeks after. See the difference? This project was a to of fun to do tho. I finally got the chance to go outside other than going out for soccer and it was refreshing, to say the least.

Well hopefully this won't be a forever farewell and well see each other soon. Its been a blast but this is 

Mz signing off ✌ out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR COMPLETE

 https://youtu.be/bu8Jbv4MbiI Its been a wild one I'll see yall at the next one MZ signing off ✌out!!!